There is alot of roads to take, but only one will lead you to your Destination.....-Willow* Isabella

Thursday, November 25, 2010

This credo I here by affirm. I will never say marginalize or use priviledge as a verb. I will avoid closure except perhaps when discusssing the endings of poems. I will avoid gnostic altogether. I will not say societal and comedic where social and comic will serve just as well. I will not say hegemony except with irony. I will not put nestled, cradled, or shimmered in poems, and I will stop reading any poem that has cupped in it, or scrim, sure signs of poetical intent. I will not split infinitives if I can help it. I will use correct grammar, but I will feel free to leave out punctuation marks when it suits my purposes in a poem. I welcome new oxymorons, as when a friend complains that she has an "ancient computer". I will allow no-brainer and prozac and feng shui into my poetry, not to mention the Net, the Web, the Macintosh/Windows software, that came with the box, my laptop, my desktop, my ergonomic workstation, the bad case of carpal tunnel syndrome I suffered a few years ago, and other things that would have made no sense to anyone thirty years ago. I will love the language as a living thing that never stops evolving.
-DL

No comments:

Post a Comment